Next Support Services are available to our Next members and the general public. To schedule an appointment, register for a tour, or for more information about any of the services the Next Support Services Department offers, call 248-203-5270 between 9 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
Ask the Attorney
Free legal counseling is available at Next with attorney, Ed Pugh, on the first Tuesday of each month from 1:00-2:00 pm. Please call Next for your complimentary 15-minute appointment at least a week in advance.
Blood Pressure Screening
- Free blood pressure screenings are offered monthly the first Wednesday between 10-11 am. No appointment is necessary.
Counseling with a Licensed Social Worker
- Have you recently experienced a loss; had to move to another home, give up driving, or are your adult children are trying to offer unwanted help? A licensed social worker from Oakland Family Services will be available to meet privately with anyone 60 and older to discuss whatever may be troubling them. Call Next for more information or contact Oakland Family Services directly at(248) 858-7766.
File of Life Cards Available
- The File of Life card provides medics with a quick medical history when a patient in unable to offer one. The card, kept in a red plastic pocket labelled “File of Life”, is held with a magnet to the outside of your refrigerator. Next has a supply of the cards, inquire in the office.
Information about Community Resources
- Who should be called for furnace repairs, delivery of prescription meds, dental support or hearing aide services? Answers to these questions and more are available Monday through Friday in the Next Support Services Office. Information and referral services are provided to seniors and their families in the following areas: general geriatric counseling, housing, in-home health care options, the Meals-on-Wheels program, prescription coverage, transportation and many other options.
Income Tax Assistance
- Trained, certified AARP volunteer counselors will complete and file state and federal tax returns from 9 am to 3 pm every Tuesday, February 4 through April 12. Appointments are preferred; drop-in visitors are served on a first-come, first-served basis. Participants are requested to bring W-2 forms, copy last year’s returns, pension, dividends, interest, social security statements with you, as well as bank direct deposit information for refund.
Medical Equipment Loans
- Short-term loans of medical equipment such as walkers, canes, wheelchairs, bath benches, assistive devices, etc. are available free of charge for Next members. There is a $20.00 per item refundable deposit or non-members. Donations of clean, usable equipment are accepted.
- A counselor is available from Area Agency on Aging 1B to answer questions about Medicare and Medicaid. Contact Haim Schlick at 248-642-1149 or email@example.com to set up an appointment.
- Please stop by the Resource Center to obtain information about local businesses covering a variety of services.
Senior Housing Tours
- Tours are held monthly January through June at local housing facilities. Tour dates are listed in Senior News. Click on the “Newsletter” menu to view the current issue.
- Transportation service is available for seniors and disabled adults residing in the communities of Beverly Hills, Birmingham, Bingham Farms and Franklin to medical, dental, personal appointments, shopping or activities at Next. Transportation hours are 8:30 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Call at least three days in advance to request a ride. For reservations call (248) 203-5270. Addtional transportation options are available, please call the Suppport Service Department for more information.